It was a shocking act of violence: 14-year-old Malala Yousufzai was shot by Taliban gunmen, and remains in critical condition in a Pakistani hospital after a bullet was removed from her brain. Two fellow students, Shazia Ramzan and Kainat Ahmed, were also injured in the attack.
The Taliban targeted Malala — a child — specifically for her human rights activism. Malala has bravely spoken out for the rights of girls to receive an education. Her father ran one of the last girls’ schools to defy a Taliban ban against female education in Pakistan’s Swat Valley, and both Malala and her family have received threats from the Taliban in the past.
Send a message of support to Malala, Shazia and Kainat, and to their schoolmates and friends: We stand with you and for the rights of women and girls everywhere:
- thehistorryfreak13 reblogged this from petals-of-a-wallflower
- sodapop-abortion-machine reblogged this from petals-of-a-wallflower
- rainydays-stuckinahaze reblogged this from petals-of-a-wallflower
- acciobritishmen reblogged this from petals-of-a-wallflower
- petals-of-a-wallflower reblogged this from wewantwow
- neeshhoque likes this
- elephantkissess reblogged this from wewantwow
- elpasadonocuenta reblogged this from wewantwow
- elpasadonocuenta likes this
- wewantwow posted this